If you are interested in receiving a contract for the fall festival, please contact Bob at (email@example.com) or firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or call Marla at 618-547-7682 and leave a message
WE ARE NOW CLOSED FOR THE SEASON.
If you have and questions, please contact us on Facebook : Ingram's Pioneer Log Cabin Village .
14 log cabins furnished to period in a wooded area much as it would have been 180 year ago!
|2014 Craft Days--37th Anniversary |
2014 Theme: BRINGING HISTORY TO LIFE
10 am to 5 pm
September 20th & 21st
September 27th & 28th
October 11th & 12th
See our festival photos in our photo galleries!!!
- KINMUNDY, IL - Log Cabin Village near Kinmundy is easy to reach and makes a good day trip or a place for vacationers to rest, see and learn a part of our past as they enjoy the sights of Southern Ill. Interstate 57 , Exit 127 to Kinmundy
- Music Performed by Dale Brewer's Possum Trot group
- Rusty Strings Dulcimer group
- Cider and apples sold during Craft Days if available
- Pony rides for children during Craft Days
Ingram's Pioneer Log Cabin Village, located in Kinmundy, IL, offers the opportunity to enjoy a leisurely walk along the streets of the Log Cabin Village and be transported back in time to a pre-Civil War era. Visit log cabins built from 1818-1860, located on 74 acres--
There are seventeen cabins (thirteen open to the public) and all authentically furnished, with fireplaces burning during special events held throughout the season. Located in KINMUNDY, ILL Take INTERSTATE 57 EXIT 127
- a general store
- doctor and apothecary
- preacher's cabin (home of 3 different preachers)
- cobbler and carpenter shop
- Schwarm's cabin which was used for church services for 10 years
- JACOB'S WELL, an old stage coach stop, where JESSE JAMES, ABRAHAM LINCOLN, and other famous and not so famous stayed...You paid 6 cents for a bed but might share the bed with strangers. They would share expenses. A meal cost 5 cents, and the butcher and innkeeper divided the profit.
- THANK YOU - Ingram's Pioneer Log Cabin Village( 10--- 5 PM ) would like to thank everyone who participated and attended this year's three craft weekends making it a huge success! Thanks to all the community members who took their time each weekend to homestead the cabins, Dale Brewer and the Possum Trot Bluegrass group, the Rusty Strings Dulcimer Group and all the vendors who helped in any way. .
THESE ARE SOME OF THE PICTURES TAKEN DURING THE ANNUAL CRAFT DAYS , MEMBERS OF THE KINMUNDY HISTORICALSOCIETY DECORATED THE CABINS FOR THE THREE WEEKENDS. SOME HOMESTEADERS ARE DIRECTLY RELATED TO THE BUILDERS OF THE CABINS, AND THEY COOKED OVER THEIR FIREPLACES AND TOLD STORIES THAT HAD BEEN HANDED DOWN TO THEM FROM THEIR ANCESTORS,,,THANK YOU KINMUNDY HISTORICAL SOCIETY FOR ALL YOUR HELP,, BOB AND CAROLYN INGRAM
Please visit our Face Book page and become a Fan of Ingrams Log Cabin Village and keep up with events.
School Age Children: $1.00
Home made crafts may be sold all 3 weekends.
Flea Market AND Craft show the 3rd weekend.
We also schedule school groups during the week by appointment. Due to all people helping with tours being volunteers we need a few weeks notice usually, otherwise Bob will lead the tours.
Contact Bob at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Debbie at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Marla at 618-547-7682 and leave a message